Dealing with clogged pores can be frustrating, especially if you have oily skin. I’ve tried various tools like skin scrubbers, cleansing brushes, and clay masks to get rid of blackheads, but I finally asked skincare experts for advice. They all recommend pore vacuums as a game-changing tool for your skincare routine.
But what are pore vacuums? They’re handheld devices that look like chunky highlighters. They use suction power to suck out dirt, oil, and dead skin cells that clog your pores and cause blackheads and whiteheads.
Keep reading to learn more about the best pore vacuums you can buy online.
Table of Contents
- 8 Best Pore Vacuum Devices
- What Are Pore Vacuums?
- How to Choose the Right Pore Vacuum
- What are the Benefits of Pore Vacuums?
- Are There Downsides or Side Effects?
- Can Pore Vacuum Cleaners Get Rid of Blackheads?
- Do Dermatologists Recommend Pore Vacuums?
- How to Use a Pore Vacuum Remover
- What to Do Before Using a Pore Vacuum
- What to Do After Using a Pore Vacuum
- Can a Pore Vacuum Harm Your Skin?
8 Best Pore Vacuum Devices
The Freeshow Pore Vacuum is a popular skincare device designed to tackle skin issues like blackheads and clogged pores. It comes with five suction probes and four extraction tools that can be interchanged based on specific skin needs. The device operates by creating suction, which helps to remove dirt, oil, and impurities from the skin, leaving it looking clearer and smoother. Users can adjust the suction level for comfort and effectiveness, but it’s recommended to start with lower levels and gradually increase to prevent skin irritation.
- Effective at removing blackheads and unclogging pores.
- Comes with multiple suction probes and extraction tools for versatility.
- Adjustable suction levels for personalized comfort.
- Helps improve the appearance of skin by reducing oiliness and fine lines.
- May cause skin irritation if suction level is too high or if used improperly.
- Requires regular cleaning and maintenance for optimal performance.
- Some users may find it takes time to see noticeable results.
- Not suitable for all skin types, particularly sensitive or very dry skin.
The Dermaflash Dermapore Ultrasonic Extractor & Infuser is a skincare tool that uses gentle vibrations to clear pores and enhance skincare. Unlike traditional pore-cleaning methods, it doesn’t rely on suction but instead utilizes ultrasonic vibrations to unclog pores and remove blackheads painlessly. Additionally, it has a second mode to help skincare products penetrate the skin better, maximizing their benefits.
- Clears pores and removes blackheads gently.
- Two modes for pore-clearing and skincare product absorption.
- Cordless and water-resistant for versatile use.
- Some users report reduced battery life over time.
The PMD Personal Microderm Classic is a popular device for at-home skincare, bringing professional-quality microdermabrasion to your fingertips. It utilizes spinning crystal heads and gentle vacuum suction to exfoliate the skin, eliminating dead cells and unclogging pores. It offers four levels of exfoliation, catering to various skin types, and comes with different cap sizes for facial and body treatments.
- Provides professional-grade microdermabrasion at home.
- Offers customizable exfoliation with four intensity levels.
- Includes caps for both facial and body treatments.
- Comes in stylish colors to suit personal preferences.
- Excessive use can harm the skin, so caution is advised.
- Requires gentle cleansers for optimal results and avoids harsh products like retinols.
The UMICKOO Blackhead Remover Vacuum is a skincare device designed to tackle various skin concerns. It features an LCD screen for real-time monitoring and customization of suction levels, with three settings to cater to different skin types. Equipped with four interchangeable probes, it targets blackheads, exfoliates, and offers gentle cleansing. The device is rechargeable, cordless, and waterproof, making it versatile for use in different skincare routines.
- Real-time LCD screen for monitoring and customization.
- Three suction levels to suit different skin types.
- Four interchangeable probes for versatile skincare tasks.
- Built-in timer and battery life indicator.
- Includes facial cleansing brushes.
- Rechargeable, cordless, and waterproof design for convenience.
- May require some trial and error to find the optimal suction level.
- Cleaning and maintenance of probes might be needed after each use.
- Battery life could be limited depending on usage frequency and intensity.
The Prabensei Pore Vacuum is a skincare tool equipped with a built-in camera that can magnify pores up to 20 times, allowing users to closely examine their skin and target specific issues. It offers three suction levels and comes with seven probes of varying shapes and sizes to cater to different skin needs.
- Built-in camera magnifies pores for precise skincare.
- Three suction levels accommodate various skin types and concerns.
- Comes with seven probes to address different skin needs.
- Strong suction may cause temporary bruising, especially for sensitive skin.
The Spa Sciences MIO Microdermabrasion is a versatile skincare tool that acts as both a pore vacuum and a microdermabrasion device. It features five adjustable suction levels and comes with diamond and various suction tips to effectively exfoliate the skin and clear out clogged pores, leaving your skin smoother and fresher.
- Affordable and versatile skincare tool.
- Five suction levels for customizable use.
- Effective exfoliation with diamond tip and various suction tips.
- Includes 20 foam filters for hygiene maintenance.
- Replacement filters readily available for extended use.
- Strong suction power, may not be suitable for very sensitive skin types.
The Microderm GLO Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine is a device for home skincare. It uses diamond-tip microdermabrasion and vacuum suction to exfoliate the skin. With its LCD screen, it guides users through the process, offering three suction levels for different skin types and areas of the face. This personalized treatment aims to remove dead skin, clear pores, and reduce fine lines and blemishes, resulting in smoother and more radiant skin after just one use.
- Provides professional-level skin treatment at home.
- Easy-to-use LCD screen guides users through the process.
- Offers three suction levels for personalized treatment.
- Removes dead skin, clears pores, and reduces fine lines and blemishes.
- Saves money on frequent spa visits in the long run.
- Initial investment may be costly.
- Requires regular maintenance and cleaning.
- Results may vary depending on individual skin type and condition.
Dermasuction is a handheld skincare device designed to tackle blackheads, dirt, and uneven skin texture. Using gentle vacuuming action, it extracts impurities from pores, leaving the skin refreshed. With interchangeable heads and adjustable power settings, it offers versatility and customization for various skincare needs.
- Effective blackhead removal
- Versatile with interchangeable heads
- Adjustable power settings for customized cleansing
- Portable design with battery operation
- Visible results with clearer, smoother skin
- Not as effective for whiteheads
- Caution needed near sensitive areas
- Consultation recommended for specific skin concerns
To learn more, read the full review of Dermasuction.
What Are Pore Vacuums?
Pore vacuums are handy gadgets made for deep cleaning your pores. They use gentle suction to suck out oils, dead skin cells, makeup leftovers, and the stuff that causes annoying blackheads. It’s like a tiny vacuum cleaner for your pores and is both easy and oddly satisfying to use. Just move the small silicone suction tube over your skin, and see the magic!
How to Choose the Right Pore Vacuum
Finding the perfect pore vacuum may seem tricky, but these key factors can help you make the right choice:
Suction Levels: Look for a blackhead remover tool that lets you adjust suction levels or cleaning modes. Starting with the lowest setting is safe to avoid skin damage. Make sure you can easily change the suction power as needed.
Suction Heads: Go for a pore vacuum with multiple interchangeable heads, each designed for different skin concerns. Ensure they are easy to attach for your convenience.
Camera: If possible, pick a pore vacuum with a built-in camera. It gives you a clear view of your skin, helping you spot excess sebum, blackheads, whiteheads, and oil buildup. Some devices even connect to PCs or smartphones for a more thorough skin examination.
Considering these factors will help you choose the perfect pore vacuum for your skincare needs. I personally use the Dermasuction to help remove blackheads from pores.
What are the Benefits of Pore Vacuums?
Curious about the benefits of using pore vacuums? Here are some good reasons:
Safe for Home Use: Pore vacuums are generally safe for home use, just follow the instructions.
Pain-Free Deep Cleaning: These handy gadgets gently remove dirt deep in your pores without any pain, leaving your skin refreshed.
Convenient and Portable: They are lightweight and easy to use, making them convenient to store and carry.
Affordable: Most pore vacuums are budget-friendly, usually costing under $50. So, you can have clear pores without breaking the bank.
Are There Downsides or Side Effects?
While at-home pore vacuum cleaners have their benefits, there are important things to keep in mind:
Device Quality: Many pore vacuums are not FDA-regulated, as they are often made overseas. This means you might get one that’s either too strong (not safe) or too weak (ineffective). However, some FDA-approved models are available.
Potential Side Effects: It’s crucial to use these devices correctly. Improper use, like leaving the suction on one spot for too long, can lead to facial bruising or small marks, similar to a hickey. People with anemia, circulation issues, or those taking blood thinners are at higher risk and could even rupture a blood vessel. Consulting a dermatologist or physician, especially if you have pre-existing conditions, is advisable before using one.
Breakout Acceleration: Pore vacuums can be a bit of a double-edged sword. While they’re meant to prevent breakouts, they can actually bring deep pimples to the surface sooner, making them visible earlier. Whether this is seen as a pro or a con depends on your perspective.
Can Pore Vacuum Cleaners Get Rid of Blackheads?
Absolutely! Dr. Clay says pore vacuums are effective at reducing the appearance of blackheads and clearing out pore-clogging stuff. So, if it suits your skin, using one can be a good idea. But Dr. Gohara advises not to rely solely on it for blackhead treatment.
For the best results, team up your pore vacuum with a complete skincare routine that includes exfoliating acids like AHA, BHA, and salicylic acid. This combo can do wonders in your fight against blackheads.
Do Dermatologists Recommend Pore Vacuums?
Yes, dermatologists generally approve of pore vacuums, but there are some important things to consider:
Skin Type Matters: Pore vacuums work better for people without inflamed or acne-prone skin.
Targeted Use: If your nose often has blackheads, Dr. Gohara suggests using a pore vacuum. While it’s not a must-have, it can give your skin an extra level of cleanliness before your regular skincare routine.
So, if your skin type is a match and you want an extra cleaning boost, a pore vacuum could be a useful addition to your skincare routine.
How to Use a Pore Vacuum Remover
Using a pore vacuum is simple! Just follow these easy steps:
Power Up: If it’s electric, plug in your pore cleansing tool. If it’s battery-powered, ensure it’s charged.
Switch It On: Turn on the blackhead remover tool.
Target the Blackhead: Place the suction head tip directly over the blackhead you want to remove.
Gentle Glide: Slowly move the remover device over the blackhead and the nearby area. Be gentle and avoid applying too much pressure to protect your skin.
Repeat: Keep doing this for other areas on your face, but always use a light touch.
Remember, the key is to be gentle and take your time to keep your skin safe and healthy.
What to Do Before Using a Pore Vacuum
Getting the most from your pore vacuum requires a little prep, but it’s worth it for a smoother experience. While each device might have unique instructions, here are some general steps that work for most of them:
Cleanse Your Face: Start by washing your face to have a clean canvas. This removes surface dirt and makeup.
Disinfect the Tip: It’s important to disinfect the pore vacuum’s tip for a clean, germ-free tool. This ensures hygienic use.
Steam Your Face: To make the process more effective, consider steaming your face. It helps open your pores and loosen deep debris. If you don’t have a facial steamer, hot water in the sink or a steamy shower works well. It’s a pro tip for a reason!
What to Do After Using a Pore Vacuum
Once your pores are clean and refreshed, it’s time to make the most of your skincare routine:
Serum or Mask: After using the pore vacuum, consider applying a high-quality serum or mask. If you’re worried about future breakouts, you can use a facial oil for acne-prone skin or a clarifying serum like Sunday Riley’s Luna Night Sleeping Oil ($55).
Red or Sensitive Skin: If your skin feels a bit red or sensitive, use a soothing cream moisturizer or a hyaluronic acid-infused sheet mask to calm and hydrate your skin.
Avoid Exfoliants: It’s best to skip any exfoliating products, whether they’re chemical or physical exfoliants, for a few days after using a pore vacuum. Give your skin some time to recover.
By following these steps, you can get the most out of your pore vacuum session and keep your skin in its best condition.
Can a Pore Vacuum Harm Your Skin?
Yes, it can, but it’s important to use them the right way to avoid harming your skin. If you apply too much pressure or use them too frequently, you can end up with problems like bruising, irritation, skin discoloration, broken blood vessels, abrasions, or tears, as warned by LoGerfo. To use them safely and effectively:
Prep Your Skin: Use a facial steamer to gently open your pores before using a pore vacuum. This makes the process work better.
Moderate Use: Stick to a weekly schedule when using pore vacuums and avoid going over the same face area repeatedly.