Skip to content
Ingredients (Makes 2 dozen)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp of cinnamon and 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Roll the dough balls into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Buy More Recipes Here