Skip to content
Ingredients (Makes about 3 dozen)
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed soft peppermints
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 1 cup of butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and cornstarch and gradually add it to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well, making a dough.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottoms are light brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat 2 tbsp butter, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tbsp milk, and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract. Mix until smooth, making the icing.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cookies and sprinkle with crushed peppermints.
Buy More Recipes Here