Skip to content
Ingredients (Servings: 4-6)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sprite
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray or insert a liner.
- Place the chicken breasts inside the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, vinegar, sprite, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the slow cooker and set it aside.
- Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan and heat it on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce mixture and bring it to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and put it back in the slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce over the shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over chicken before serving.
Buy More Recipes Here