Skip to content
Ingredients (Servings: 8)
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 10.75-oz can of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 10 slices bacon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cheese soup and milk. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into very thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 dish with nonstick spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon 1/4 of the cheese mixture into the bottom of your dish and place a layer of potatoes over the cheese mixture. Salt and pepper the potatoes. Repeat these layers two more times.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, chop up the bacon and fry it in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the skillet and set it aside.
- Cut each chicken breast into thirds.
- Sauté the chicken in the hot bacon grease over medium-high heat until lightly browned on each side.
- Remove the dish from the oven and put the chicken on top of the potatoes.
- Pour the reserved cheese soup on top of the chicken.
- Cover tightly again and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle cheese evenly over the chicken and top with bacon pieces.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Buy More Recipes Here